Blog entry #1 - Maple Pecan Cookies



Good evening!

After much thought, I have finally decided to start a blog. I spend so much time drooling over other baking blogs (who doesn't? - all that delicious looking food, presented in such a way that it looks like it could be in a bakery… with recipe included!) that I just had to give in. And here we are!

    -----------------------------------

As you will soon learn, I have a weakness for anything nutty and sugary.  I sat at home one lazy morning, flicking through a much-loved copy of Sainsbury's Magazine, looking for something - anything - to bake. I wasn't looking for chocolate, as good as it is; my palate craved something sweet but not cloying; tasty but not overpowering. 
I fell upon this recipe, and with a few tweaks it was ready to go! Perfect for Autumn. 


Maple Pecan Cookies (makes approx. 8 large cookies)



  • 125g soft unsalted butter
  • 125g caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 175g self-raising flour, sifted
  • 100g pecans, chopped, plus extra to decorate
  • Pinch of salt
  1. Heat oven to 170ºC, fan 150ºC.
  2. Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy - by hand or using an electric hand whisk, then add the flour and  maple syrup. Stir in the pecan nuts.
  3. Roll into balls and place well apart on a lined baking sheet; flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon. Place one pecan nut on top of each cookie. 
  4. Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden brown and slightly soft in the middle. 




Comments