Nice nibbles

'Afternoon everyone!

Nearly three months on, and I'm finally getting down to starting my New Year's resolution of being overall fitter and healthier. But really, am I expected to go and run outside when the temperature is 1 degree and the wind is blowing a gale?

I managed to go out for a run yesterday and so, feeling rather smug and proud of myself, I decided to keep the virtuous feeling going by making a healthy snack. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and once I'd looked at the link, I realised how easy it actually was! 

Chickpeas are great for you because they are full of protein and iron (great for vegetarians), plus they are high in fibre, so they fill you up for longer. The fibre also aids digestion and helps your bowel to stay happy! Low in fat, they make an excellent healthy snack. 

The original recipe (here) has four variations. I picked two and then fiddled with them a bit! One thing I would say, though, is make sure all your chickpeas are crunchy. This may mean that you have to try more than one of them - how awful! I did scale the recipe down to make two flavours but it's easy enough to increase the quantities. 


Rinse the chickpeas.

Dry and peel off the skins. 


Mix with a little oil and bake.

Tadaa!



And either of these flavouring mixes!

Honey Cinnamon
1/2 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp honey

Spiced
1/4 tsp mild or medium chilli powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
some salt

Feel free to increase the quantities to taste!




Store in an airtight container for up to four days.



Comments