Life Lately

Alright, so after my previous (rather out of character) post, I'm going to be a total hypocrite and tell you exactly what I've been up to in the past couple of weeks.

(This would, of course, never be due to the fact that I've been so busy revising that I haven't had time to bake.....)

Reading:
- To Kill A Mockingbird. Required for our English Lit exam but a book that I've fallen in love with (don't get me started on Atticus). Although some people say that they hate analysing and would rather just read, I find that analysis enriches my understanding of the novel and my appreciation for Harper Lee's simply brilliant story. A must-read!

Listening:
- To Elton John's Candle in the Wind and I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues. Just a couple of years late, right?
- To Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C Sharp Minor. I've started to learn this piece and whilst the accidentals and ledger lines (read: complicated) are a nightmare, I can't wait to be able to play it properly.

Eating:
- Softly scrambled eggs with a toasted bagel. The ultimate stay-at-home lunch!
- Tracker bars. Sticky peanuts and carbs. What's not to love?
- Hotel Chocolat's Mini Easter Eggs. The Pecan Praline is to die for, and you can't beat a bit of salted caramel. 
- Grapefruit for breakfast! (Just to show that I'm not totally unhealthy.)

Watching:
- Episodes of Frasier in short bursts before bedtime. I'm newly addicted!
- Bear Grylls' 'The Island'. I've always loved adventure and this programme is so refreshing.
- Any new superhero movie that's going, i.e. Spiderman 2 and The Winter Soldier.  I can't decide which is my favourite - Captain America has the gorgeous Chris Evans, but Spiderman has the added lure of Peter and Gwen (and Gwen's faaaabulous wardrobe)...



Wishing:
- That I was in Paris. (Actually, that's just a general state of mind...)
- That I was a confident enough cyclist to warrant purchasing this beautiful bike.
- For the excuse to buy more notecards and writing paper from Paperchase. I could happily spend my whole day in that shop!

I think it's good to add a bit of variety to my blogging. I know I enjoy reading posts like these - but what about you? Did you enjoy it?

(Also, the real question: what have you been up to recently?)

Comments