Lundi Links

Thought I'd start a little Monday links series. I've read a number of articles really that have made me think and hopefully you'll be interested enough to have a peep at them too. If anything, it will brighten up what can be a boring Monday afternoon! 

This article talks about how our obsession with avocados is actually endangering their existence. 

This one, written by a rather lovely girl from NI, is beautifully written and thought-provoking. How about taking a step back to think things over instead of leaping to our keyboards to criticise stories in the news? 

This article pulled at my heartstrings and encouraged me to be grateful that my biggest dilemma in life at the moment is choosing where to go for university.

Em writes about how sometimes, we can be our own worst enemy. 

Pour yourself a cup of tea, grab a cushion, and sit down to have a read. 
Sometimes I wonder if I could ever write so deeply about something on this little blog; could it be more than just a 'lifestyle' blog? How about a blog that actually changes lives? 

I recently heard Gemma Wilson (who wrote that second blog post above) speak at an event for women. She encouraged us to speak out, because we have a voice; we should use it not only to encourage our friends and family but also to fight for justice. Sometimes I feel as if the blogging world focuses too much on the material things and not enough on the real world. It's an unpleasant thought, but one that we need to remember. 





Comments